The history of Hydratight
For over 30 years, Hydratight's innovative products and services have ensured the integrity of all types of flanges and mechanical connectors. Hydratight can trace its roots back to 1901 when the Sweeney business was founded in the United States. The company’s first torque tools appeared on the scene in 1949. But the heart of today’s business began to beat in the 1970s with the creation of the GKN Pilgrim, Hydratight (later to become Hydratight Sweeney) and Hedley Purvis companies.
Development of products has been a core theme for all these companies since the outset, and geographic expansion has taken place along side this. Today the breadth and depth of product and service offering is unrivalled in our specialist field. Equally, our global footprint enables us to offer world-class standards through a network of local operations. At the same time, we believe it important to benchmark ourselves against established standards.
For this reason we have been operating the company in accordance with the major internationally known quality, environmental, and health and safety accreditations. While this has started with our well established business units, the process will be adopted across all our locations with a view to having all our facilities accredited to an appropriate standard.