ECITB On-Site Machining
The ECITB has introduced a new method of training and validating skills in the specialist area of on-site machining with approved training courses derived from the new ECITB On-Site Machining technical training standards.
Work Based Task Assignments have been implemented and new ECITB Technical Tests introduced.
The new technical training standards cover joint facing and milling of flanged and clamp connectors, pipe cutting, weld preparation, drilling and thread tapping operations.
The new technical training standards are:
- TS OSM 1 - On-Site Cutting and Weld Preparation
- TS OSM 2 - On-Site Joint Face Machining – Basic
- TS OSM 3 - On-Site Drilling and Thread Tapping
- TS OSM 4 - On-Site Milling
- TS OSM 5 - On-Site Joint Face Machining – Advanced
The new 4 Stage On-Site Machining Training and Competency Model is provided below:
The ECITB has approved five specific training courses which are derived from the new technical training standards:
• OSM 1 - On-Site Cutting and Weld Preparation – 3 days duration.
• OSM 2 - On-Site Joint Face Machining – Basic – 2 days duration.
• OSM 3 - On-Site Drilling and Thread Tapping – 2 days duration.
• OSM 4 - On-Site Milling – 2 days duration.
• OSM 5 - On-Site Joint Face Machining – Advanced - 3 days duration.
These courses are grant aided for ECITB registered employersEnglish PDF Document, 597.2 KB
A new approach to the workplace consolidation of knowledge has been developed; Work Based Task Assignments..
Each assignment lists the activities to be undertaken by the learner and validated by the supervisor.
Five work based task assignments have been approved by the ECITB:
• OSM 1 - On-Site Cutting and Weld Preparation
• OSM 2 - On-Site Joint Face Machining – Basic
• OSM 3 - On-Site Drilling and Thread Tapping
• OSM 4 - On-Site Milling
• OSM 5 - On-Site Joint Face Machining – Advanced
The task assignments are normally completed between three to twelve months after the initial training course and the learner can then undertake an ECITB approved Technical Test.English PDF Document, 1009.1 KB
Technical Testing with an associated ECITB certificate of achievement plays a key role in validating an Individual’s skill, ability and job knowledge in a specific task area. Each test consists of a knowledge test and practical activity test against identified test criteria.
There are five ECITB approved Technical Tests covering On-Site Machining:
• TOSM 1 - On-Site Cutting and Weld Preparation – 2 days duration
• TOSM 2 - On-Site Joint Face Machining – Basic – 1 day duration
• TOSM 3 - On-Site Drilling and Thread Tapping – 1 day duration
• TOSM 4 - On-Site Milling – 2 days duration
• TOSM 5 - On-Site Joint Face Machining – Advanced – 2 days duration
These tests are grant aided for ECITB registered employers.English PDF Document, 163.6 KB
TRAINING IS NOT EXPENSIVE RE-WORK IS!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request suitable dates and more course details
ECITB On-Site Machining
Download and watch related documents and videos: