ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity
The ECITB in collaboration with Step Change in Safety has introduced a method of training and validating skills in the specialist critical bolting area. Approved training courses derived from the new ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity technical training standards cover isolations, dismantling techniques, inspection of components, alignment techniques and clamp connectors as well as assembly and tightening techniques in specialist critical bolting.
The technical training standards and 4 Stage Mechanical Joint Integrity Training and Competency Model are provided below:
- MJI10 - Hand Torque Bolted Connections - Dismantle, prepare and secure hand torque bolted connections.
- MJI18 - Hydraulically Tension Bolted Connections - Dismantling, assemble and tension bolted connections using hydraulic tensioning equipment.
- MJI19 - Dismantling, Assembling and Tightening Bolted Connections - Dismantle, assemble and tighten bolted connections using powered torque equipment.
The ECITB has approved four specific courses which are derived from the new technical training standards and are grant aided for ECITB registered employers:
• Hand Torque Bolted Connection Techniques (MJI10) – 1 day duration.
• Hydraulically Torque Bolted Connection Techniques (MJI10 & 19) – 1.5 days duration.
• Hydraulically Tension Bolted Connection Techniques (MJI18) – 1 day duration.
• Hydraulically Torque and Tension Bolted Connection Techniques (MJI10, 18, 19) – 2.5 days duration.
These courses are grant aided for ECITB registered employersEnglish PDF Document, 571.8 KB
A new approach to the workplace consolidation of knowledge has been developed; Work Based Task Assignments. Each assignment lists the activities to be undertaken by the learner and validated by the supervisor.
Five work based task assignments have been approved by the ECITB:
• MJI 10 Dismantling, Assembling and Hand Torque Flange Connections
• MJI 11 Dismantling, Assembling and Hand Torque Clamped Connections
• MJI 18 Dismantle, Assemble and Hydraulically Tension Bolted Connections
• MJI 19 Dismantle, Assemble and Hydraulically Torque Flange Joints
• MJI 20 Dismantling, Assembling and Hydraulically Torque Clamped Joints
The task assignments are normally completed between three to twelve months after the initial training course and the learner can then undertake an ECITB approved Technical Test.English PDF Document, 525.6 KB
Technical Testing with an associated ECITB certificate of achievement plays a key role in validating an Individual’s skill, ability and job knowledge in a specific task area. Each test consists of a knowledge test and practical activity test against identified test criteria and are grant aided for ECITB registered employers:
There are five ECITB approved Technical Tests covering the mechanical joint integrity:
• TMJI10 Dismantle, Assemble and Hand Torque Flanged Joints – 2 hours duration
• TMJI11 Dismantle, Assemble and Hand Torque Clamp Connectors – 2 hours duration
• TMJI18 Dismantle, Assemble and Tensioning Bolted Connections (Hydraulic Tensioning) – 2 hours duration
• TMJI 19 Dismantle, Assemble and Hydraulically Torque Flanged Joints– 2 hours duration
• TMJI 20 Dismantle, Assemble and Hydraulically Torque Clamp Connector Joints– 2 hours duration
These tests are grant aided for ECITB registered employersEnglish PDF Document, 162.1 KB
TRAINING IS NOT EXPENSIVE RE-WORK IS!
Please contact email@example.com to request suitable dates and more course details
ECITB Mechanical Joint Integrity
Download and watch related documents and videos: