Hydratight's Mechanical Connector (formerly known as MORGRIP™ mechanical pipe connector) replaces the need for the welding of topside and subsea piping and pipelines in oil and gas, and petrochemical applications.
Since the late 1980s Hydratight's Mechanical Connectors have provided proven leak-free service history for permanent usage, and can be used for all sizes and pressure ratings of carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex and super duplex pipes, in critical and non-critical service.
Our innovative products benefit from:
- Hotwork-free installation
- 100% leak-free service history
- Over 2500 connectors deployed to date
- No need for full shutdowns
- Metal graphite composite seal
- External seal testing facility
- Unique weld strength gripping mechanism
- Removable and reusable
- At least as strong as the pipe itself
- Permanent or temporary solutions
- Firesafe certified for topside applications
- Enhanced performance and operation
- High integrity solution
- NACE compliant
- Minimum connector design life of 30 years
- Comprehensive third-party approvals, including DNV and ABS.
Hydratight's Mechanical Connectors are available in a variety of formats, including Flange Adaptor terminating a bare-pipe with a flange, and Coupling joining one bare-end pipe direct to another. All formats suit specific applications, whether for use on carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex, super duplex or other pipe materials.
Download and watch related documents and videos:
Rent or buy?
Contact us »